Malignant Neoplastic Disease
What is Malignant Neoplastic Disease?
Malignant Neoplastic Diseases are tumors or malignant growths caused by abnormal cells that may possibly spread to other parts of the body through the blood stream. Malignant neoplastic diseases are also known as cancer and related disorders.
How does the Social Security Administration (SSA) evaluate Malignant Neoplastic Disease?
The SSA evaluates all types of cancer essentially the same way. The SSA determines the level of severity by considering the following:
- the site of the primary tumor or lesion;
- the histogenesis of the tumor;
- the extent to which the tumor has involved the primary site or spread to other sites;
- whether or not the condition has responded to treatment; and
- the side-effects of such treatment.
What are some categories of Malignant Neoplastic Diseases?
The following categories of malignant neoplastic diseases are described more in depth on the SSA’s website:
- Soft tissue tumors of the head and neck
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Multiple myeloma
- Salivary gland
- Skeletal system
- Thyroid glands
- Maxilla, orbit, or temporal fossa
- Nervous system
- Pleura or Mediastinum
- Esophagus or stomach
- Small intestine
- Large intestine
- Liver or Gallbladder–
- Kidneys, adrenal glands, or ureters
- Urinary bladder
- Cancers of the female genital tract
- Prostate gland
Can you provide me a list of Disabilities and Impairments that would qualify me for SSDI or SSI?
This is a partial list of disabilities and impairments that may qualify you for receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. This is not a complete list. Please contact Scott D. Lewis to determine whether your impairment may qualify.
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Special Senses & Speech Disorders
- Respiratory System Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System Disorders
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
Social Security Disability Claims Representation:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Initial Claims
- Denied Claims
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request for a Hearing
- Disabled Child Benefits
For more specific information about Social Security claims law, visit the information pages on this website: