What are Neurological Disorders?
Neurological disorders include a wide variety of injuries and medical disorders that affect the central nervous system.
What are some limitations produced by Neurological Disorders?
Neurological disorders can have various limitations on a person. Some individuals may have difficulty using one or more of their hands and feet for repetitive activities. Others may have difficulty seeing and communicating. Some experience impaired balance or can’t operate various kinds of machinery, limited stamina, or may have difficulty dealing with the mental demands of work.
What are some categories of Neurological Disorders?
The following categories of neurological disorders are described more in depth on the SSA’s website:
- Convulsive epilepsy
- grand mal
- Non-convulsive epilepsy
- petit mal
- Central nervous system vascular accident
- Benign brain tumor
- Parkinsonian syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anterior poliomyelitis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Subacute combined cord degeneration (pernicious anemia)
- Huntington’s chorea
- Friedreich’s ataxia
- Spino-cerebellar degeneration
- Cerebral trauma
Can you provide me a list of Disabilities and Impairments that would qualify me for SSDI or SSI?
This is a partial list of disabilities and impairments that may qualify you for receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. This is not a complete list. Please contact Scott D. Lewis to determine whether your impairment may qualify.
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Special Senses & Speech Disorders
- Respiratory System Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System Disorders
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
Social Security Disability Claims Representation:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Initial Claims
- Denied Claims
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request for a Hearing
- Disabled Child Benefits
For more specific information about Social Security claims law, visit the information pages on this website: