Immune System Disorders
What are Immune System Disorders?
Immune system disorders are deficiencies or dysfunction of the immune system.
How does the Social Security Administration (SSA) evaluate Immune System Disorders?
The SSA evaluates immune system disorders in three categories:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Immune deficiency disorders and
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection.
Dysfunctional immune responses cause Autoimmune Disorders. The body’s own tissues are targeted by these dysfunctional immune responses and this can result in chronic multi system impairments, sometimes known as rheumatic diseases, collagen vascular disorders, or connective tissue disorders.
Unusual or recurrent infections are characteristics of Immune Deficiency Disorders. These types of infections, many times, do not respond well to treatment and complications in other parts of the body may result. Two types of these disorders can be described as primary (congenital) or acquired. Immune deficiency disorders can also heighten the chance of having auto immune disorders and malignancies.
The increased chance of opportunistic infections, other conditions, and even cancer can be characteristics of HIV infection.
What are some categories of Immune System Disorders?
The following categories of immune system disorders are described more in depth on the SSA’s website:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Systemic vasculitis
- Systemic sclerosis
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis
- Undifferentiated and mixed connective tissue disease
- Immune deficiency disorders, excluding HIV infection
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Sjögren’s syndrome
Can you provide me a list of Disabilities and Impairments that would qualify me for SSDI or SSI?
This is a partial list of disabilities and impairments that may qualify you for receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. This is not a complete list. Please contact Scott D. Lewis to determine whether your impairment may qualify.
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Special Senses & Speech Disorders
- Respiratory System Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System Disorders
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
Social Security Disability Claims Representation:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Initial Claims
- Denied Claims
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request for a Hearing
- Disabled Child Benefits
For more specific information about Social Security claims law, visit the information pages on this website: