Digestive System Disorders
What are Digestive System Disorders?
As described by the Social Security Administration (SSA), digestive system disorders include:
- liver dysfunction
- gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- inflammatory bowel disease, and
- short bowel syndrome
How does the SSA evaluate Digestive System Disorders?
The SSA will the following need a copy of the claimant’s medical records identifying the digestive system disorder. The medical evidence should include medically acceptable imaging studies and reports of:
Medically acceptable imaging includes, but is not limited to:
- x-ray imaging
- computerized axial tomography (CAT scan)
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- radionuclide scans
The findings required by these listings must occur within the period the SSA is considering in connection with the claimant’s application or continuing disability review.
What are some categories of Digestive System Disorders?
The following categories of digestive system disorders are described more in depth on the SSA’s website:
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhaging from any cause, requiring blood transfusion
- Chronic liver disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Short bowel syndrome (SBS)
- Weight loss due to any digestive disorder
- Liver transplantation
Contact Indianapolis Attorney Scott Lewis at (317) 423-8888 or complete the “Contact Us” form and our law firm will contact you to arrange a free consultation.
Can you provide me a list of Disabilities and Impairments that would qualify me for SSDI or SSI?
This is a partial list of disabilities and impairments that may qualify you for receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. This is not a complete list. Please contact Scott D. Lewis to determine whether your impairment may qualify.
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Special Senses & Speech Disorders
- Respiratory System Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System Disorders
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
Social Security Disability Claims Representation:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Initial Claims
- Denied Claims
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request for a Hearing
- Disabled Child Benefits
For more specific information about Social Security claims law, visit the information pages on this website: