Genitourinary Impairments

Social Security Disability Qualifications - Genitouinary System
Contact Scott D. Lewis if you have renal diseases and other genitourinary system conditions that may qualify you for Social Security Disability.

What are Genitourinary Impairments?

Genitourinary Impairments result from chronic renal (kidney) disease.

How does the Social Security Administration (SSA) evaluate Genitourinary Impairments?

The SSA will need claimant’s medical history that covers at least a three month period and evidence of deterioration of renal function. The medical records should include the treatment prescribed & the claimant’s response to the treatment, laboratory findings, and any hospitalizations.

If a claimant is undergoing dialysis, all laboratory records prior to starting dialysis should be submitted to the SSA

If the claimant has a renal biopsy, the medical evidence should include a copy of the report of the examination. If the SSA does not have a copy of the report in the evidence, they can accept a statement from the performing medical source describing the results.

What are some categories of Genitourinary Impairments?

The following categories of genitourinary impairments are described more in depth on the SSA’s website:

  • Chronic hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
  • Kidney transplantation
  • Persistent elevation of serum creatinine
  • Reduction of creatinine clearance
  • Nephrotic syndrome

Contact Us

Contact Indianapolis Attorney Scott Lewis at (866) 950-5116 or complete the “Contact Us” form and our law firm will contact you to arrange a free consultation.

Can you provide me a list of Disabilities and Impairments that would qualify me for SSDI or SSI?

This is a partial list of disabilities and impairments that may qualify you for receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. This is not a complete list. Please contact Scott D. Lewis to determine whether your impairment may qualify.

Social Security Disability Claims Representation:

For more specific information about Social Security claims law, visit the information pages on this website: